Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to connect to internet

So this started last night when it wouldn’t connect to the internet. Mind you, my Roku Express has been up and running on the same network for about a month now. I’ve restarted the device, taken it out of the outlet, restarted my device, restarted my router all multiple times to no avail. Also, every other device in the house is running smoothly on the wifi. What else can I do?

35 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Unable to connect to internet

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago.   I’ve tried every trick and looked at every YouTube video.   And there is no one to call at roku.   It’s an absolute joke 

Highlighted
Level 7

I

Highlighted
Level 16

So how far is the device from the router. Is it direct line or something there???

Does your Roku see the wifi???

Where is it in the list?

Did you try both Channels 2.5 and or 5G

Do you have a cell phone logged into the Router?

Why didnt you put your password in correctly?

Reboot the router again.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted

So how far is the device from the router. Is it direct line or something there???

ITS LIKE 30 feet but it was connected for 2 months prior 

Does your Roku see the wifi???

IT DOES NOT

Where is it in the list?

IT DOESNT SEE IT 

Did you try both Channels 2.5 and or 5G

DONT KNW WHAT THAT IS GOING TO RESEARCH THAT

Do you have a cell phone logged into the Router?

YES IT SEES IT FULL STRENGTH 

Why didnt you put your password in correctly?

I TYPE IN THE ACCOUNT AND PW CORRECT MANUALLY.   DIDNT WORK

Reboot the router again

DONE THAT 3 times

Highlighted
Level 16

I dont know what your Router is make and Model

but if you can get in and enable 2.4 Ghz it does reach further.

You can also get longer HDMI cables so you can mess with placement.

There are cell phone apps that can show you the strength of the wifi signal

at different points You can also get a signal repeater or stronger router.

Or if you have an old wifi router you can turn it into a Bridge.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

" I keep getting the 014.40 code which Roku help says is for wrong password. My password is correct and my signal is excellent to the Roku. Every other device in my house works fine except for one Roku Express. I have tried restarting. I have reset my router. I have unplugged them both and reset them as well. I reentered my password just to double check. Nothing has fixed this problem. It is clearly a problem with the Roku. I cannot get actual “help” from Roku."  This is exactly what is going on with one "premiere" model.  How do you intend to fix it since I cannot stay on the network long enough to get a download?  I am going on vaca for a week but when I get back will be looking for answer.  I wonder if My local news investigative reporter might be interested in this?

Highlighted
Level 16

@ghartdunmore 

That kind of attitude wont get you help usually anywhere.

Maybe you should run for President on this platform.

Can you ask for help without threats and stomping your foot for attention?

Highlighted
Level 8

My Roku suddenly wouldn't connect to my 5G or a slower connection. I tried everything to connect. So, I went back to using my old Roku and that one worked fine. I decided to take another look today. And, after much frustration, I stumbled upon a FIX! YAY!!!!

I would like to share in hopes of may help others.

On the Roku main screen, go to SETTINGS at the bottom on the left side of the screen. 

Click right arrow on remote and move down to  SYSTEM at the bottom on the left side.

Click right arrow and move down to ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS.

Click right arrow and move down to NETWORK CONNECTION RESET.

Click right arrow and choose RESET CONNECTION.

I really hope this helps someone else.

Highlighted

There is a post on Roku Website. The problem is you can't even do a Manual software update cause it wont work either. Frustrated.

5/30/20

Due to a global technical certificate expiration, select streaming channels on the Roku platform that rely on this certificate chain may not be working as expected. Please install a manual software update from Roku now.
0 Kudos