Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdunkleberger
Level 8

Re: Unable to connect to internet

Doing what you stated does not work. This is what i did. I have a TLC TV with built in Roku and on the back of the TV there is a tiny pin hole to reset your TV back to Factory settings. Mine said reset so not sure how others are. I pushed this pin hole with a paper clip while TV is on. Once I did the TV reset itself back to Factory settings and then I just followed all the prompts back like if I had just bought the TV. Naturally I had to reenter all user names and passwords to everything. Frustrating but it worked.

If you have a stand alone ROKU there is a small pin hole on the back you will have to push to reset back to factory settings.

Trying to reset the Roku thru the TV Settings  or resetting your router does not work.

0 Kudos
CoachBouf
Level 7

Thanks @cdunkleberger 

I have the Roko Stick+  and did not find the pine hole to reset.

Appreciate the help

0 Kudos
invlady
Level 7

How would I do a manual update?

0 Kudos
Linda3
Level 9

Per your suggestion/recommendation I believe that my issue, unable to connect to wifi/internet has something to do with 5G!  I am NOT seeing that offered in the list of choices on tv when I attempt to do a reset, only the older 2G connection.  HOW can I find that in the list and incorporate into my Roku settings so I can connect again?  I've had no issues for the last couple years since I bought this until two days ago when it suddenly said "No connection", which I have everywhere else, thermostat, computer, cel phones, except on the Roku.  

0 Kudos
cdunkleberger
Level 8

I have 5g and it has nothing to do with your Router. It has to do with the TV. You need to figure out how to reset to Factory  settings. I have a TCL and in the back of the TV there is a small pin hole that said RESET. When I pushed it with a paper clip WHALA! TV Reset back to Factory like I had just bought it and so I had to go thru the prompts again and have all the passwords for Netflix, Prime Etc. Been working like a charm since.

0 Kudos
Linda3
Level 9

I have reset my Roku Express several times now and no good.  The tv is NOT a Roku enabled one, so resetting the tv wouldnt make a difference I dont think.  I have no "pinhole" in the back of my Roku unit.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

its more likely your Router/modem should be rebooted.

Unplug the thing and then see if the wifi signal shows on your Roku

which you can also restart at this point.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Linda3
Level 9

@boogernose wrote:

its more likely your Router/modem should be rebooted.

Unplug the thing and then see if the wifi signal shows on your Roku

which you can also restart at this point.

Already tried that, several times, didnt help. 

0 Kudos
Linda3
Level 9

@cdunkleberger wrote:

I have 5g and it has nothing to do with your Router. It has to do with the TV. You need to figure out how to reset to Factory  settings. I have a TCL and in the back of the TV there is a small pin hole that said RESET. When I pushed it with a paper clip WHALA! TV Reset back to Factory like I had just bought it and so I had to go thru the prompts again and have all the passwords for Netflix, Prime Etc. Been working like a charm since.

One person says its the router, another the tv, yet another the Roku itself, I've rebooted ALL of them, unplugged and replugged all of them, nothing changes!  The tv works fine, thats NOT the problem, I do not have a "Roku tv" like you do!  Glad it worked for you, but will not help me, I have a Roku EXPRESS, not built into tv.

0 Kudos