Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samd123
Level 7

Unable to connect remote

My roku stick was not connecting to now tv. Many unsuccessful attempt to access this led to me resetting the stick to the factory settings. However, our remote broke some time ago and we have been using the app ever since. Since we have reset to factory settings our apps no longer connect to the stick and we are unable to find the IP address. 

1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: Unable to connect remote

@Samd123 wrote:

My roku stick was not connecting to now tv. Many unsuccessful attempt to access this led to me resetting the stick to the factory settings. However, our remote broke some time ago and we have been using the app ever since. Since we have reset to factory settings our apps no longer connect to the stick and we are unable to find the IP address. 

Never never never do a factory reset without a proper Roku remote to re-connect it. The phone app can only work if the Roku is already set up.

With that out of the way, the solution is to get a Roku remote. You can find them at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, as well as online retailers. The Voice Remote ($20) and the Enhanced Voice Remote ($30) will do the job. They should be easy to locate.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)