Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MYoung0621
Reel Rookie

Unable to connect new remote to Roku TV or connect my roku App to the TV

I moved recently and now my TV isnt connected to WIFI. I also lost my remote and went and bought a new one. I am unable to connect my new remote or the app to the TV because the tv isnt connected to wifi. I cant move around in the settings on the tv due to not being able to connect anything.  I know I need to go into settings and update, which we can’t due to the remote/WiFi problem. I know we need a physical remote, which we have, and it has the pairing button on the battery part. I don’t know what steps to take from here.  Please and thank you for the help!

15 REPLIES 15
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to connect new remote to Roku TV or connect my roku App to the TV

Instructions found by doing a google search for roku tv pair remote:

Open the battery compartment to locate the pairing button.

Press and hold the pairing button for three (3) seconds or until the pairing light starts flashing. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, then you will need to replace your batteries. After replacing the batteries, repeat step 1.

Restart your Roku TV.

Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your TV.

The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

Once TV and enhanced remote are successfully paired, the TV will show the battery status of the enhanced remote

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MYoung0621
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately I have done all that with no success. Which I’m assuming because the TV isn’t connected to WiFi? But I can’t connect to WiFi if I don’t have a remote to do so. I got a Roku stick now, which I can connect the remote to the stick, but I shouldn’t need the stick since it is a roku TV. Through the stick I can’t switch between HDMI ports or anything all I can do is select apps. I would prefer to have the remote connect to the TV so I can use it’s full capabilities. 

0 Kudos
AARON7206

Okay bur what if tv isnr on

0 Kudos
AARON7206

what if I cant even get my tv on because I can't pair or use remote app without wifi and how am I supposed to connect if tv isnt even on

0 Kudos
renojim

Every TV has a power button.  It's either on the back or the bottom edge.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I am curious if you found a way to connect remote to ur roku tv yet?...i was given a roku box from a friend without a remote. I downloaded remote app but since I can't get thru the menus to connect my roku to my Wi-Fi I can't use the remote

0 Kudos
renojim

You can't set up a Roku with the app.  You must have a remote.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if this issue was resolved. I'm going through the exact same situation and want to just throw the roku device away. I reset the roku, I replaced the batteries on the remote, I held the button inside the battery part of the remote until it flashed and still nothing. This sucks.

where is the pairing button

0 Kudos