Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Unable to cast from Samsung A50 to Roke se

I was having trouble with it all day today as well. It would turn on but turn off again so after work tonight I sat down and figured out how to get it to work!!! It's working perfect!!

1st.. make sure your phone is up to date

2nd..make sure the phone and roku box is connected to the same network

3rd look for the Smart Things icon ( it is located with all your installed apps. Mine is in the Samsung icon apps. There are several apps in that one icon..all grouped together...just look for the samsung icon and you should see DSmart Things)

4th in the upper right hand corner it will say scan ..click on it and roku should show up. Click on roku and it should cast on your tv in about 15 to 30 seconds! Hope this help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

this is do to a setting on your a50 I believe called battery optimization you can turn off the bat op feature for individual apps in your Droid setting, worked like a charm for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I think it was the wifi i was using at the time. Since I moved, Allcast works fine. Still unable to use the screen mirror mode, however.

0 Kudos