Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to cast from Samsung A50 to Roke se

First off, let me clarify that I can utilize the mirror mode, which is great. However, I have tried multiple casting apps to connect my android with my Roku and every time I do, it fails to see my Roku as an available device. I don't get it. Have rebooted everything, checked the wifi, connection  is fine,  both devices on same network. Can someone please help??

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Unable to cast from Samsung A50 to Roke se

i have found the same problem. Have the A50 and it will not connect to any Rokus i have. I have pulled another app and was able to cast media so that kind of works. It has been on the same network as the Roku so its not that. It appears to be something with the Smart View but not sure what. Could also be something with the changed code in the A50 as well ? Could it be something port wise that the Roku and A50 are simply out of sync ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What other app did you successfully cast media with??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem with my A50. I can see the Roku from the A50 but cannot connect to it. I checked for sure and they are all on the same network. I also tried another casting app and that was able to cast to the Roku. Could it be something in the ports between the Smart view and the Roku ? What if it is the changes that are done on the casting capabilities on the A50

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Cast to TV-Xcast was the app. Worked on the first try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That let you cast files feom tour A50 to your Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Do you have a link for it? I can't seem to find it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hey thanks for the link. Unfortunately it does not work for me. Same issue. Cannot find either my new Roku stick or my Firestick, though all are on the same network. This seems to be an unsolvable problem. 

0 Kudos