Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monicaa17
Reel Rookie

USB requires more power message

The message “This USB device requires more power.” Only problem is I have no USB connected to my tv. There is nothing connected to my tv and I can’t make it go away. I have reset my tv multiple times. The message popped up when I plugged LED lights to the tv but I unplugged them as soon as I seen the message. Anyone know how I can remove the message? Pls and thank you!

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: USB requires more power message

What are you talking about? Do you even own a Roku? If so which model?

0 Kudos
Monicaa17
Reel Rookie

I own a tv with roku installed on it. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Do you mean you own a Roku TV? Or a TV with a Roku device? If it’s a device which model? If it’s a TV which manufacture?

0 Kudos
Monicaa17
Reel Rookie

image.jpg

0 Kudos
Monicaa17
Reel Rookie

TCL 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

What the heck do you have plugged into the TV? I see some sort of box and something else. Roku doesn’t make TV’s so you should ask TCL. All you need for a TCL Roku TV to work is the power cord. Is that box for your cable tv? Whatever that box is your tv is saying it needs more power. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Monicaa17-

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them is all they need to straighten things out. (On a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into a standby state and back out; it does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Roku TVs can be restarted via Settings > System > Power > System restart, or you can pull the power plug for a few seconds then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

How do you fix the USB device requires more power how to fix that?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Michaelsg1000

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos