Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myguitarme29
Level 7

Two different Roku Expresses that will not connect to the internet after a year?

I have 2 Roku expresses and suddenly neither will connect to my internet. I have restarted my Xfinity/Comcast modem 3 times and checked the speeds and it is working through my computer and phone just fine, but they refuse to connect. I have restarted the Roku devices and have also tried reconnecting them and have done mostly everything short of factory resets.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Two different Roku Expresses that will not connect to the internet after a year?

XFinity recently made some changes to their modem/router/gateway firmware/configuration.

Try either using the XFinity app or manually configuring your modem/router/gateway's 2.4Ghz SSID to use "B/G/N" mode (not just "G/N" mode).

0 Kudos
Myguitarme29
Level 7

Re: Two different Roku Expresses that will not connect to the internet after a year?

How do I even do that?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

You get the XFinity app (for your phone/tablet) and make the change.

Or you access the modem/router/gateway's configuration pages (usually http://192.168.0.1 or similar).

Or you call Comcast/XFinity support and they do it for you.

0 Kudos
Sylo
Level 7

Mine 3 are doing the same as of this morning what did you do to get them to work again?

0 Kudos