Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Tv is connected to the WiFi and internet, but all my apps on the tv say they can’t connect

So my tv is working, it is connect to the WiFi and internet, but when I open Netflix or any of the other apps it says it cannot connect to the network, or it just won’t load at all. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Tv is connected to the WiFi and internet, but all my apps on the tv say they can’t connect

I’m having the same issue. It will connect and say the connection strength is excellent and ever other things in my house is connected with over 100 mb/s. But the download or upload speed for my roku is 0 mb/s. Why won’t it work anymore I have no clue what happened 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Tv is connected to the WiFi and internet, but all my apps on the tv say they can’t connect

i'm having same problem in that non of my apps are opening despite have good internet speed. Just says channel not available. Looked on iplayer website and it lists a few Roku tv's that are having problems and basically blames Roku. Looks like I will have to get the firestick out

0 Kudos