Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vance16301
Level 7

Tv for dummies

I'm totally dumb, or something. I have knowledge of wifi and streaming set up. My issue is, I have no wifi at home, and I want to watch tv. I have unlimited data on my Android phone, I have tcl roku tv, I have an Amazon fire stick. My issue I think I'd that I cannot activate my tv because it doesn't have an internet connection???:Any help is good  Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Tv for dummies

I'm not sure if this is the question but yes, streaming needs a connection.  I assume the plan is to connect to a hot spot on your phone.  If so, I would suggest making sure your cell phone plan is truly unlimited.  Many (maybe most) "unlimited" cell plans are "marketting unlimited" in the sense that they give you around 35GB at full speed and then slow the network down so much that you can't stream.  As long as you can stay within whatever limits your phone plan has, and assuming your location allows for reasonable bandwidth and latency, then it seems like it should work.

0 Kudos
dlgould
Level 7

Re: Tv for dummies

this is a major Roku issue--i have 5 roku express in our home and only 1 is working today. ALL the others say their is no connection. it HAS to be their latest update as of today  that screwed things up. i tried all their support suggestions and restarted the internet, the device, factory reset etc--nothing works. ROKU get with it and FIX this issue now!

0 Kudos