Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keatonwood5
Level 7

Turning on my Roku Tv with new remote, but no wifi

So I recently lost my Roku remote. During the time of losing my remote, I moved to a different house with new wifi. But without a remote, I haven't been able to turn on my tv, and therefore it has never been connected to this new wifi. I recently bought a new remote, but it won't turn it on, and since I've never been connected to this wifi, the phone remote doesn't work either. Is there any way around this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Turning on my Roku Tv with new remote, but no wifi

RokuTVs require a different remote than the stand-alone players, so you probably got the wrong remote.  There's probably a power button on the back or along the bottom edge, but it really won't do you any good since I've never seen a way to manipulate the UI with the buttons on the TV.  What brand of TV (ONN, TCL, etc.) is it?  @Tivoburkee can probably tell you what kind of remote you need.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
keatonwood5
Level 7

It's a TCL, the replacement remote I got from Roku said that it works with all versions of Roku TV. The issue is that in order to connect the remote to the TV, the TV must be on. But it doesn't seem like there's a button on the tv to manually turn it on.

0 Kudos
keatonwood5
Level 7

nevermind!! I figured it out, thank you for being willing to help!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Why not share what you figured out, to help the next guy that comes here with the same problem?
Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
Catremote
Level 7

There's a button along the bottom of the TV that turns on power. Mine (55in) is in the middle, smaller models are lower right.

0 Kudos