Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurenp19

Trouble with setting up in dorm says password is incorrect

I am living on a college campus and we have community wifi. When I am setting up the network and click on hotel and dorm connect it takes me to the instructions. I have no trouble until I get to step three every time I enter the password it says incorrect password I have tried on multiple devices and all my roommates have tried. Does anyone have any advice?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
paradoxl

Re: Trouble with setting up in dorm says password is incorrect

I had this problem in a hotel.  I restarted the device by going to Settings>System>System Restart.  When it restarted I was able to connect by re-entering the connection info.

0 Kudos

I know this is old but I went ahead and searched for answers, and saw that customer support did not answer this question anywhere. So then, I went and contacted customer support, and they were zero help. 

I figured it out on my own. 

Go into your wifi settings, as if you were going to change the password. 

You need to make sure that WPS (2.4GHz) is toggled to on. Roku apparently needs to connect to WPS. They won't tell you this, they'll give you the run around and tell you to contact your internet provider and make them change your wifi password, or tell you that you're wrong for whatever reason. But that's all it is. A huge headache for a little click.

Hope this helps someone!

0 Kudos
Sgroth01

Just encountered same problem in a timeshare. I fixed it by finding the roku wireless network in my cellphone's list of available networks then using the timeshare wireless password instead of that useless password that roku says to use. Connected swiftly. Something that could be handled better by roku.

0 Kudos
foxy14

what if its the schools dorm wifi? how you do turn on wps then?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@foxy14, there is no WPS.  If the hotel/dorm connect procedure doesn't work you may have to contact your school's IT desk to get it connected if it's even possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos