Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottFamily
Level 7

Trouble Finding network with HughesNet

We have HughesNet and I have been having issues with Hulu connecting through any of my Roku's in the house. For those that may not be familiar with HughesNet, they have two WIFI connection with the modem. One is 2g and the other one is 5g. I was told today that I need to have the Roku on the 5g. The 5g shows on my laptop and my cell phone, but not on the Roku. All that shows when I do a scan is the 2g. I have tried to manually enter the 5g network, but it still will not recognizes it. I don't know what else to do. I'm hoping that someone will be familiar with HughesNet and can give me some tips and tricks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble Finding network with HughesNet

If your Roku is an Express or Premier model, sounds like you may have received some bad advice.  These models can only use the 2.4 GHz wifi bands and won't even see the 5GHz bands.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
Scbarber
Level 7

Re: Trouble Finding network with HughesNet

Thanks, I am having the same problem with Premier I just bought. Also with a Vizio smart TV. Guess I will have to replace them both.

0 Kudos