Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cricketcraven
Level 7

Trouble Connecting to New Network

I have been having a lot of trouble with my Roku connectivity. I got a new wireless set up in my house and all of my other devices are connecting with no issue. The roku picked up the wireless network and then I went to connect. A window popped up asking me if I am at a hotel/dorm or at home. I clicked home. The green check marks come up to the left side of Wireless connection & Internet connection then it just gets stuck there. Purple window, Checking... with green check marks next to both wireless and internet connection, freezes there for about 5 minutes then it restarts. I can’t go beyond this process. It appears to have connected and then it freezes. I’m really frustrated with this device. I bought it months ago and have only got it to work for probably 4 hours total. That was using a hotspot. Now that I have WiFi it should be working but is not.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble Connecting to New Network

This makes no sense to me, but it has worked.

The few times I've had Roku wifi connection problems, even when other devices connect without problems, have been fixed by restarting the router.  After it comes back up, if the Roku won't connect, then restarting the Roku and re-establishing the wifi connection has always gotten me back in business.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos