Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Trouble Connecting to Netgear Orbi RBR20 Satellite

Hey all,

I have researched this until my fingers bled. I've found posts on the Netgear site, but nothing with this scenario

I'm trying to connect my Roku Ultra to my new Netgear Orbi RBR20, but every time I try it asks if I'm in  hotel or dorm or at home. Neither selection gets me connected. If I say I'm at  hotel or dorm room it wants me to go through a bunch of steps that also results in no connection. If I say I'm at home (which I am) I get a green check for connecting to the network, but not the internet.

I have tried resetting the Orbi and the Roku to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Trouble Connecting to Netgear Orbi RBR20 Satellite

I forgot to mention that my Samsung phone, iPad and laptop all connect just fine.

Highlighted
Level 7

I am seeing the same issue.  Was there any progress on this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Okay, I got my issue resolved.  When I first installed my Orbi there was no problem connecting to my Roku.  The other day I temporarily lost power to the Orbi.  After that certain channels wouldn't work on the Roku when connected to the Orbi but they worked when connected to another SSID.  When I tried to re-establish the Roku connection to the Orbi it would ask if I were in 'hotel/dorm or at home'.  I also noticed some websites asking for a username and password when browsing from my computer.  Today I logged into the Orbi and reset the password.  I then re-established Roku connection to the Orbi and it didn't ask if I were in 'hotel/dorm or at home'.  All channels now work.  

My theory is that the Orbi somehow lost the password during the power outage and would request the Roku for it.

0 Kudos