Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
handsomep
Level 8

Traveling with an already activated Roku - do I need to "set up the device" again?

Jump to solution

I would like to travel with a Roku Express that has already been activated (linked to my Roku account). Do I need to set up the Roku device again (using my smartphone), or can I just go ahead and connect to the internet using the remote?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Traveling with an already activated Roku - do I need to "set up the device" again?

Jump to solution

@handsomep 

Just connect to the Internet.

Note that if you are at a hotel or some network that requires more than just a password with the SSID, then you'll want to use the Hotel/Dorm mode. https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5\
DBDukes

Re: Traveling with an already activated Roku - do I need to "set up the device" again?

Jump to solution

@handsomep 

Just connect to the Internet.

Note that if you are at a hotel or some network that requires more than just a password with the SSID, then you'll want to use the Hotel/Dorm mode. https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

handsomep
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you. I was looking at Hotel/Dorm mode earlier, and was wondering whether Roku Express supported it. I clicked on the link:

"You can use the Roku device comparison chart to determine which products support Hotel & Dorm Connect."

but I wasn't able to see anywhere which devices supported it. Would you (or anyone else) happen to know if Roku Express supports Hotel & Dorm connect? Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@handsomep 

All of the current models do. What's your model number? Settings > System > About

DBDukes

0 Kudos
handsomep
Level 8

Jump to solution

Here you go:

Model: 3900x - Roku Express

Software Version: 10.0.0

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@handsomep 

That device should work just fine.

DBDukes