Actually, I don't think you are a paid Roku shill. If that were true, you'd gaslight better. We have a known problem, seen by dozens of people here. All the stock remedies are not going to work, when your Roku device can't see house Wi-Fi.
What difference does any of this make to those who have no problem and come here and defend Roku? Why are you here? If you have some inside info or insight about the goings on at Roku concerning tech help, fine. But to just put your opinion out there to argue rather rudely and admonish folks in a quandary
helps no one.
Thanks for your posts and concerns.
A couple of things to touch on here:
1) If you are having issues with connecting to your wireless network, we would strong recommend first taking a look at our Support page for troubleshooting steps here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device
2) If you are having issues with a Roku Express or Roku Premiere device, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. This is commonly overlooked and not checked.
3) If you are having issues connecting to your wireless network and are only able to connect to once the device is in the same room as your router, this would point to a router wireless strength issue.
If you are still experiencing issues connecting to your wireless network, please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- If you have a Roku Express/Premiere, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?
If you have followed all of the above troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing your issue, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the Roku model number, and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.
I have the same issue all of a sudden. I've restarted the tv, the router, and modem. The other roku tv is working fine as well as security cameras etc.... the tv in question was updated automatically last night and literally is next to the router and modem so distance is not the problem. Everytime I try connect and activate the tv to the internet, it tells me to scan again to see all networks....
Kind of unresponsive. There have been dozens of users who had a Roku device installed and working for MONTHS, then one day it stopped seeing wireless. Enough people have confirmed this happened after a specific software update. Boilerplate response isn't going to help.
Ah ok, I think this roku no internet thing, being ignored or just given a canned response has everyone on edge. Lol
I am having the same issue! I spent over an hour on the phone with our internet provider, assuming that was the issue. It is not the issue as the Roku is the only device that will not connect! I have followed the steps to restart the Roku streaming stick and the router/ modem multiple times, still not connecting! This is very frustrating!
After reading all of the posts, it seems as if this is a Roku problem and customer service is not communicating with anyone due to their update causing the issue. I will never buy a Roku device again and I will be sure to express my thoughts to all friends and family!
The blanket auto responses do absolutely nothing. I have done everything here and what other users have already suggested. Roku is going to phase itself out by doing this if they cannot and will not address issues head on.
It's annoying to know money is spent to purchase and use items and they become obsolete from an update geared to "improve" the software.