Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrh
Level 9

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

I'm using my phone to create an alternative source of wifi for the Roku device. 

0 Kudos
Bobbyclivej
Level 8

Jump to solution

Replaced mine today with a firestick , never buying another roku device again

dgg9
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Bobbyclivej wrote:

Replaced mine today with a firestick , never buying another roku device again

Same

0 Kudos
Tama
Level 9

Jump to solution

Does Amazon have better customer support?

0 Kudos
dgg9
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Tama wrote:

Does Amazon have better customer support?

Better than zero.  They have customer support; not sure what their technical support consists of.

0 Kudos
Tama
Level 9

Jump to solution

After this miserable experience I would like to find human tech help. Maybe someone has a suggestion for a service that does? 

0 Kudos
dgg9
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Tama wrote:

After this miserable experience I would like to find human tech help. Maybe someone has a suggestion for a service that does? 

I threw my lot in with Amazon.  I know they have customer service.   Fire stick now installed and working.  Roku unit sitting in trash and another long term Roku customer gone forever.  Roku decided to save a few bucks by having no human on this forum.  So be it. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@dgg9 wrote:

@Tama wrote:

I threw my lot in with Amazon.  I know they have customer service.   Fire stick now installed and working.  Roku unit sitting in trash and another long term Roku customer gone forever.  Roku decided to save a few bucks by having no human on this forum.  So be it. 

It's not true that there's no Roku employee on this forum. But at the moment I believe there's only one, and he can't be here 24/7. Weekday business hours you can usually find @RokuDanny-R 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
dgg9
Level 9

Jump to solution

It's not true that there's no Roku employee on this forum. But at the moment I believe there's only one, and he can't be here 24/7. Weekday business hours you can usually find @RokuDanny-R 

“Danny” is a bot.   

L1ghtbr1nger
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you are bent on not switching to Amazon, go to the roku support page and submit a ticket for a more expensive device, that will at least get you in contact with an actual person, they're replacing my device, but they didn't even know there was a problem so I encourage you all to flood the **bleep** out of their messages so they can't plea ignorance. They pay no attention to community pages

0 Kudos