Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgg9
Streaming Star

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

No, there's no issue with my network, same as a hundred other people posting here.  One minute, the Roku is working, then a software update, and then it doesn't work.  Nothing else changed; everything else still works.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

[post edited] You as the end user will see at best a $5 coupon for a new Roku. I've seen far too many of them that get virtually nothing from them. Not worth the aggravation. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
dgg9
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"Not worth the aggravation. "  Your opinion is duly noted.  Meanwhile, hundreds or thousands of people coughed up money for a device that stopped working.

C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dgg9 wrote:

No, there's no issue with my network, same as a hundred other people posting here.  One minute, the Roku is working, then a software update, and then it doesn't work.  Nothing else changed; everything else still works.

Then there may be a compatibility issue with your device and the software update. As I said, I have a Roku Express+ 3900 series and I've had zero problems connecting to my WiFi. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@C_I wrote:

@dgg9 wrote:

Then there may be a compatibility issue with your device and the software update. As I said, I have a Roku Express+ 3900 series and I've had zero problems connecting to my WiFi. And I updated to the software update. 9.3. 

0 Kudos
dgg9
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"compatibility issue with your device and the software update"  Well yes, of course.  That's by definition a mistake by the manufacturer.

L1ghtbr1nger
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

C I is a dumbass just trolling and probably doesn't even know he's a troll. But going out of your way to argue because your device still works is stupid and petty

rrh
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks. Roku support suggested that I connect to the internet using my phone as a hotspot, bypassing my router, and it worked! This is inconsistent with the theory that the update created a problem for the device connecting to the router. I wonder if Roku will issue a new update that fixes the problem that the device can access through the hotspot connection.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I hope you have unlimited data plan.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
dgg9
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This doesn't make sense.  If hundreds of Roku units suddenly can't see WiFi from routers, then the fact that your *phone* can connect to the Roku doesn't falsify the problem of router-roku.  Also, using your smart phone to source countless GB a week to your TV is not a financial long term solution, and certainly not what most people will sign up for.

@rrh wrote:

Thanks. Roku support suggested that I connect to the internet using my phone as a hotspot, bypassing my router, and it worked! This is inconsistent with the theory that the update created a problem for the device connecting to the router. I wonder if Roku will issue a new update that fixes the problem that the device can access through the hotspot connection.

0 Kudos