Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

You send a PM to a user by clicking their name, then click View profile. On their profile page is a button to send a private message. Note that the button may not appear on a mobile device browser, so you might need to use a standard computer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
novakjstn

Jump to solution

My internet connection keeps dropping, however, when I test connectivity it states that I have an "excellent" connection, meaning I should not be dropping my internet connection. I also have the Roku1, that does not lose connection at all but that is a dinosaur and there is so much lag and delay its not worth using which is why I bought the new one. Loss of connectivity happens very frequently, to the point that I had purchased an Apple TV because I just couldn't take it anymore. This Roku device is no longer on my main television. Yes it is on the 2.4Ghz channel for connection. The people at Roku screwed the pooch on this. 

0 Kudos
Raingirl

Jump to solution

In the last few weeks, my connection to internet is off and on and today it's off.  I have reset my router, restarted my Roku, changed the HDMI cable, shut TV off and on and at best I get connection for a few minutes and then it goes out and now it's just out and won't connect.  My router has 2.4 GH2.  It's a dual band router but Xfinity says device works off of bandwidth it picks up and I have been using This Roku Express Model 3930X w/same router since set up and haven't had problems until now.  Serial #X00400M382WW  My acct is w/email MightyGod8@hotmail.com.  

Please advise bc I get no connectivity at all now.

April Larsen

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Raingirl Comcast has made changes to many user routers without their knowledge, and those changes can affect your Roku connection. The first thing they've done is turning off the 2.4 GHz radio. But if you're seeing your router, that's not the issue, as your Express is a single band device. The other thing Comcast has done is change the supported protocols to just G and N. It needs to be changed back to B/G/N. Even though your Roku supports both G and N, there's something specific about the Xfinity routers that seems to require that .11b is enabled as well. If you can't/don't know how to change those settings, Comcast can do that for you remotely, just like they changed it in the first place. 

It's also possible that there's interference that just started in your area, and changing the channel your router uses on 2.4 GHz might help. The three best channels to use are 1, 6 and 11. Determine which channel it's using now and try a different one.

Dan

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I am having the same issue and I have tried ALL SOLUTIONS!!!  

NONE WORK and it is next to impossible to get any assistance from Roku.  Can you please offer suggestions or provide assistance as to how I should proceed. 

I am beyond frustrated and just would like this issued resolved.

#Wi-Fi suddenly disappeared 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@MzMobetta24 saying you've tried "all solutions" doesn't help. There have been too many different suggestions offered to be certain exactly what you did. So please outline the steps you've tried. 

Dan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How do I pm you Danny with the info you request?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@christinegolden wrote:

How do I pm you Danny with the info you request?

Click his name @RokuDanny-R  and select View profile. On his profile page is a button to send him a private message. 

Dan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How do I send a PM? I am having the same issue. I have three Rokus in my house. I have connected them literally inches from my router and they say they are unable to connect. I called my internet company and verified my password and connection. There is nothing they can see on their end plus I have zero internet troubles with any other device in my house. I am connecting to the correct connection because it literally has my name in it. I have restarted all three of my Rokus several times. All three are doing the exact same thing. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Markiealexander the instructions to send Danny a PM are in the post directly above yours. 

Your router might actually be too close. It's possible it's getting overloaded. 

Who is your ISP? If it's a cable company, see if they have your modem 2.4 GHz radio to mode G/N, and if so ask them to change it to B/G/N. You might be able to change it yourself, or they may have you locked out off those settings. 

Exactly what model Roku devices do you have? The model number please, not the device name. 

Dan

0 Kudos