Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omez99

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

Hello.

I have a practically new (newest Roku on my account) Roku Premiere that was performing perfectly until a few days ago, when it started displaying 'low wifi signal' all of a sudden. 

No move of any equipment or changes in wifi/router settings.  This Roku was less than 20 feet from the access point.  I've put two older Rokus in it's place and they registered 'good' signal strength.  I am definitely broadcasting 2.4, and have tried channel changes, though have no overlapping channels on my network.  

Have you done a recent update that could caused this and if so is the fix being released soon... or based on all the forum posts it seems a known issue...

Here is serial number, my account email and address for warranty replacement hardware.

Thank you.

serail # YH0018924760

Omar Rodriguez

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Omar, please, please please edit your post and remove your address and email address. NEVER post personal information like that in a public forum, here or anywhere else. Scammers and thieves look for information like that.

Click the 3 vertical dots to the right of your post and select Edit reply. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have tried all the above and nothing is working... It's just lost connection all of a sudden and now can't see ANY wireless networks.

Model: 3900X-Roku Express

Serial: YGOOGN451332

Please help fix this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@teresadavis823 wrote:

I have tried all the above and nothing is working... It's just lost connection all of a sudden and now can't see ANY wireless networks.

Model: 3900X-Roku Express

Serial: YGOOGN451332

Roku acct; [removed]

Please help fix this issue.

Thanks

Please, please, please, edit your post and remove your email address. Never, EVER, post your personal information in a public forum. Not here or anywhere else. Click the three vertical dots to the right of your post and select Edit reply. 

Send this information via private message to @RokuDanny-R , but post nothing personal here. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- If you have a Roku Express/Premiere, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? These devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gw21

Jump to solution

I followed all of the recommendations in this thread.  New Roku Premier seems to not work after software upgrade 12/25.   Basically worthless device at this point.  Will request refund from Amazon if not resolved in 2 days.

0 Kudos
Rdf24

Jump to solution

We'd never had a problem like this with our Roku Premiere until now. It seems many are having this issue today and even more were after an update in the summer.

After an hour of trying to figure this problem out today, we read online about another's solution and it worked like a charm: Remove the roku and take it to the room where your router is located, try plugging it into a tv there. If it works, it's a signal issue and may have self-corrected itself with this action alone. Then, take it back to the tv where it wasn't working (usually in another part of the house). Plug it in and see if it works. Ours did. Good luck! 

0 Kudos
WI_Canuck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey Danny,

Explain how someone who has had no problems with their Roku all of a sudden has wireless issues?  Stop giving the usual suggestions, like moving router closer, check if it's 2.4Ghz, etc. - you don't lose your ROKU connection when nothing has changed in your home and you get wireless access on all your other devices. THIS IS ROKU'S FAULT.  YOU DID A SOFTWARE UPDATE AND DIDN'T INFORM ANYONE OF IT,  NOR DID YOU PROPERLY TEST IT FIRST.

So how about Roku steps up and tells its customers that they screwed up (again - I've been monitoring this for almost a year now, and this has happened a lot) instead of this lame fallback to "you aren't setting it up right"?  This is not supporting your customers.  I won't be buying Rokus anymore if I don't see some accountability from your company.  There's plenty of other devices out there that don't have these problems.

Jump to solution

Can you please help me? My roku has low signal strength and nothing has changed on the wifi so that is not the problem. We have a roku Express that is working perfectly fine!!

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@kmichelle1234 wrote:

Can you please help me? My roku has low signal strength and nothing has changed on the wifi so that is not the problem. We have a roku Express that is working perfectly fine!!

disconnect and reconnect your WiFi network then go to settings>system>system reset to turn your Roku Express off and on. Sometimes there's low signal strength if there's a lot of people who have access to your network at the same time. Such as people on iPads who are watching Netflix at the same time etc. 

0 Kudos