Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keroppilee
Reel Rookie

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

Sorry for the late reply. I had to ask my wife what her IT department did. 

they had to do some kind of reset and change to the wifi and whitelist the MAC. 

Sorry if it doesn't help. That's all I got. It was definitely on their side of things. 

0 Kudos
Jamiah15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello I have set my xfinity internet to 2.4 and it’s still giving me the same problem -no networks found-. I’ve tried everything that internet has to offer for my roku premiere and I am still unable to connect can you tell me what’s my next step?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jamiah15 wrote:

Hello I have set my xfinity internet to 2.4 and it’s still giving me the same problem -no networks found-. I’ve tried everything that internet has to offer for my roku premiere and I am still unable to connect can you tell me what’s my next step?

There's more to it than simply ensuring the 2.4 GHz radio is enabled. You also have to ensure the channel used is between 1 and 11. The best channels to use are 1, 6 or 11. Also, the Mode needs to be set to B/G/N. If you lease your modem from Xfinity, you are likely locked out of those settings and will have to contact Xfinity to make the changes. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jamiah15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello I have done all of those things and it shows no networks found. It’s not pulling up any networks at all. I’ve changed the setting on xfinity to all of those things. I had the channel set at 1 and it still wasn’t finding any networks while my internet being on b,n,g 2.4

0 Kudos
Momof2keds

Jump to solution

I have done all the above and still nothing. I have 4 roku devices and you want all that information. You all just can't do another update to fix the issue? This sucks...

😔

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Momof2keds

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model devices are you using? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jamiah15
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku premiere and it’s xfinity 

0 Kudos
bouton73
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Spent about 30 minutes going thru the responses here, still no Roku, still confused/pissed.

I have the Roku Premiere | HD/4K/HDR. Has been working great until 7:30 last night, right in the middle of a show POOF GONE! Will NOT find my WiFi and obviously will not find internet. I have 6 other items in my Apt that use WiFi, and they all continue to work fine.

As mentioned, I live in an Apt.. When I scan for available networks, it finds all my neighbors WiFi, but won't find mine (doesn't even show in the list). Router is two feet away from Roku. Can't move further away because of HDMI cable. Its been set up this way for 16 months, nothing moved, nothing changed by my doing, so why suddenly nothing?

I have Xfinity but haven't been able to reach them to confirm settings on router. But is the router even the problem as everything BUT the Roku works?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bouton73 wrote:

I have Xfinity but haven't been able to reach them to confirm settings on router. But is the router even the problem as everything BUT the Roku works?

Yes, it certainly could be the router. If you lease the router from Xfinity (as I do), they lock the user out from changing the channel in use. Since they run in Auto selection mode by default, it's possible it has selected channel 12, 13 or 14. Your other devices might still see that channel (or they are seeing the 5 GHz radio, which your Premiere doesn't support). It's also possible that Xfinity disabled your 2.4 GHz radio (it's been reported they've done it elsewhere), and that would make it invisible to your Roku. But I believe you have control to turn that back on if that's what happened. 

But if the 2.4 GHz radio is on an unsupported channel, you will have to get Xfinity to change the channel in use. I've argued with them that I want to control those things, but I've gotten nowhere with them.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
bouton73
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

IMG_6584 (1).PNG

I went to my Xfinity APP and found where to change settings, the pic shows 'as found'. I changed the wifi setting to show B,G,N and set the channel to '1' and tried both the 20 and 40 channel speed, to no avail, so I set it back to 'as found'

0 Kudos