Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annabohemianna
Reel Rookie

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

My Roku says that it isn't connected. When I do a wireless scan it doesn't detect my network. It DID up until about a month ago but hasn't since. Nothing has changed. Our laptops and phones connect to the network but the Roku doesn't even detect it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I still do not have service I have done everything on my end Are you still working on the problem on your end to get this fix   Nancy newsome   email [personal information]

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@annabohemianna it appears that something has changed. Most likely your router has changed the channel used for WiFi to one unsupported by Roku, but your other devices can still use that channel. ISPs (mostly cable companies) have been making changes to users routers without advising them. In some cases they have turned the 2.4 GHz radio off completely. 

You didn't say what model Roku you have, so we don't know if it's a single or dual band WiFi radio. For 2.4 GHz, the channel must be 1 through 11. If your router has changed itself to 12, 13 or 14, your Roku won't see it. For 5 GHz, the channel must be 48 or lower, or 149 or higher.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Tengee

Jump to solution

Hi Danny - We are experiencing an issue as described.  All of a sudden, the Roku stopped working and when we checked, it was not recognizing the Wifi that it had always connected to.  We have tried all the suggestions with no luck.  We even hooked up the Roku to a Roku TV we have.  The TV works fine and connects to the Wifi but the stand-alone Roku still does not.  Very frustrating.

We have a Model 3920X, SN: K4303E796313.

Whatever help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Brettface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Some routers, like Amazon's Eero, don't allow you to change wireless channels or even view the one you're currently configured to use.

Your only hope to get your Roku working again is to unplug your router (and all mesh nodes, if you have a mesh) and plug it in again and pray that when it comes back online it'll be using a channel that Roku will recognize.

0 Kudos
NateTruth
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@nancy65newsome

I posted on other threads in this forum for the past 3 days. I have had no success. This thread also has no real solution has been given except possibly replace your modem. What really surprised me is that this thread (and others) was started over a year ago... I guess when it suddenly happened for the first time. Mostly it has been between Spectrum users and Roku ..weird that this is the same time Spectrum and Roku had an official "falling out" in their business relationship.

I have only guessed that this problem happened to us now because Spectrum increased their wifi speed. It went from 40mpbs to 250. I haven't gotten anyone to confirm this do you know if your wifi speed changes recently?

0 Kudos
Keroppilee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My wife has a TCL 32S327 in her office.  It worked fine for a while. Then it stopped connecting to her work internet. It can still see the SSID and it has excellent signal strength but it will not connect. We thought maybe we got a dud and tried a different tv same model. This time it connected on setup, updated software, downloaded all the apps and promptly could not connect again. I think it must be on the router side but as this is her work office I can't manipulate anything on the router side. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Since you can't access the router, there's little you yourself can do. All you can do is ask the office IT staff to check the access point and ensure the legacy protocols are disabled (I can't see any reason for an office to use 802.11b any longer). Since you can see the SSID, that means it's on a supported channel, so no need to change that. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can't find the way to DM you but I have done everything you suggested in this post and need to message you my information for BOTH my Roku premiere devices. Very frustrated I can't watch any TV because you guys messed up a system update.

0 Kudos
KamaSutra

Jump to solution

I have 3 rokus this is very inconvenient and very frustrating and unprofessional of u all to have done this hour customers and then to have the audacity to request that send you excess amount of information pertaining to the rokus when some people have one in every room of the house.. Not Okay.. 

0 Kudos