Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP1364

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

3 weeks ago...what is the update? Same problem. Just started for me.  Works for a while and then off. Says no internet, but rest of house has internet.  Interesting that I can go to the ROKU channel and get that?  Yes, I’ve restarted everything multiple times.  This has been working fine for YEARS...so now what?

0 Kudos
cvarney
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Stick is not connecting to internet. It sees the Wireless Network but does not connect. I have another Roku, Apple TV and Firestick that are all working and connected to my wireless network. I have reset the Roku to factory setting, reset the TV to factory setting and reset the EERO network but it is still not working. Please help.

This problem started on 8/11.  Need help please.

0 Kudos
Brettface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Why has this thread been marked "solved" when it clearly hasn't been?

Balafenn

Jump to solution

Yep, no wifi connection, even though my 2.4 appears in the search function.  Internet connection just doesn't work.  All my other devices work.  No Roku people to call either.  I have an Express, so I figured "you get what you pay for" might happen.  But, seeing that others are having the same issue is unnerving.  I hope they are able to send me a new box... wishful thinking... with perhaps a 9.4 update that works.  Some programmer somewhere is really laughing it up right now.

0 Kudos
Balafenn

Jump to solution

I fixed my issue... I had to change the broadcast channel on my router.  Call your ISP if you need help to do this.  For me, the test was running my ROKU on my iPhone hotspot, which worked.  I then changed my settings within my router and, BOOM, my Roku works.  Not a novice fix, but a fix nonetheless.

jodiejodiejodie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku,

My version is 9.3.

I've lost WiFi connectivity over the last few days now I have found this post.

Nothing changes internally, there have been no firmware updates on my router either by me, or my ISP.

To verify the connectivity issues I hotspot my phone next to the Roku  and it detects the WiFi strength as less than one bar. I have tested this theory on multiple phones for verification of the issue and the issue persists.

I've checked my Router logs and it shows a connection was made from the Roku to my router, then a few minutes or seconds later, device disconnected.

The secret menu is also consistent with lack of connection.

You have effectively bricked by device.

0 Kudos
Bob_7924

Jump to solution

I found you have an option for a factory reset. The reset is accomplished by getting to the Roku Secret screen. The Secret screen is activated by clicking the Home button five time next the fast forward button three time times  and then the rewind button  two times. You will have the option do the factory reset which means you have reactivate your Roku thru the website, Also, you can do a software update even though the Roku say there no internet; it will show a percentage update being performed.

0 Kudos
Rdjntx
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There are easier ways to get a factory reset .. but it might be different between Roku Models.  I simply went to settings - advance settings - factory reset.   Not that it did any good.  

I spent several hours with the folks over in SW Asia over this.  both spectrum and Roku. they were equally worthless in solving this problem and they like to blame each other rather than truly looking at the problem and coming up with a viable solution.  

All evidence suggests that Roku pushed an update that broke older modems. I don't know what their testing of new product involves (or even if there is one) but this one they missed something.  Over multiple threads there is one common theme  roku models of every stripe suddenly quick working.  They show a strong wireless connection but no internet connectivity.  a fair number of problems involve Spectrum ISP.  

The one solution that so far seems fairly universal is to swap out your modem for a newer one.  when I took mine back the lady said they don't even carry that model anymore.   I have been messing with computers for most of my career both as a hobby and as a job. All the troubleshooting Roku gives you on their website and in this thread is worthless for this particular problem. Their service desk is unhelpful they will lead you through all the same trouble shooting that "Danny" says to do in the early responses and then will say"contact your ISP).  your ISP will lead you through a bunch of equally worthless exercises and say "contact roku" and back and forth you go.  

Do what most of the rest of us did,  Swap out your modem for a newer model. and if that doesn't work "fade back 10 yards and punt" as my father used to say. 

Jimkeir

Jump to solution

Yet another one. I had a Premiere+ fail about a month ago and have just had the replacement fail in exactly the same way. Both will connect to a phone hotspot if I hold the phone within a few inches, but nothing further away than that. Going back to Amazon Fire. Buyer beware, Roku hardware simply doesn’t last more than a few months.

0 Kudos
Rdjntx
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi just been looking to buy a Roku but I noticed all the boxes and stick are all wireless no ethernet connection I've had second thoughts on buying one as I purchased a Now TV stick which I Noticed it was made by Roku and all the same problems I have read on this page also applies to the Now TV stick keeps dropping the wi-fi signal then you cant get it to connect I sent my Now tv stick back and got a refund so it looks like the moto is avoid Roku until they make one with a ethernet connection

you obviously did not bother to read the thread.  most people have fixed the issue by having their ISP upgrade their router to a new one 

0 Kudos