Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

@Chelisqe wrote:

I have wifi with 2.4 and 5 GHz. I have restarted my internet modem 50 times. I have moved my roku express device less than three feet away from my internet modem and have directly connected both hardwares. In contacting technical support for my internet service provider, it has come to my conclusion- after persistent refreshing, restarting, unplugging and lastly factory resetting the roku device itself, as well as restarting my internet modem-  that the issues I have been having within 24 hours are with the Roku device itself. I have been having my Roku Express for three years and my internet services for the same amount of time. I have had no problems connecting my Roku device with my wifi until 24 hours ago. The Roku Express ID number that I have for my device is 7G26DG668903. My email is ...

Again, the Roku Express device is the only technical problem I am having in my home, there are no outages no weather interruptions.  All of my other five devices connected to my wifi is working perfectly and connecting without any tribulations. I expect to receive some type of response or email soon from your customer service about this issue. 

First, please edit your post and remove your email address. Scammers lurk on forums like this to find targets. If Roku needs that info they'll ask for it in a private message.

The Express doesn't support 5 GHz, so it won't see that one. For the 2.4 GHz, the first suggestion I have is to perform a network connection reset in the Roku Settings menu. I know, you did a factory reset. But the network reset won't cause you to lose anything other than the stored network settings. Sometimes that will clear it up.

Another suggestion is to try a different router channel for the 2.4 GHz radio. I recognize it's working fine with other devices, but sometimes a channel change works as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
dtlamont1599
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I have tried changing channels and doing all the resets. The only one that works on my device is the factory reset. It does not connect any other wa . It is a giant pain and I may just return it since it is a terrible product 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I've never had an Express, so can't speak to that model. But I've had no issues with my two Ultras, a Premiere, a Stick and two Roku TVs. Perhaps there is something specific to the Express, as it seems to garner the majority of problems here. I also set up a Premiere for my sister-in-law, and it has worked flawlessly for a year or more. I can't remember when I got it for her. 

Dan

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

I've never had an Express, so can't speak to that model. But I've had no issues with my two Ultras, a Premiere, a Stick and two Roku TVs. Perhaps there is something specific to the Express, as it seems to garner the majority of problems here. I also set up a Premiere for my sister-in-law, and it has worked flawlessly for a year or more. I can't remember when I got it for her. 

Maybe it makes a difference if it is Roku Express versus a Roku Express +. 

0 Kudos
Lumstorm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku streaming Stick+ stopped working with the WiFi last time it was updated. I just did another update using my phone as a hotspot Aug 7 23:27 and now it works with the WiFi again on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz. This really suggests to me that the previous update broke something and now they have issued another update with a fix for what was broken. So if you can connect to your phone as a hotspot you might be able to use the WiFi again after doing an update.

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Lumstorm wrote:

My Roku streaming Stick+ stopped working with the WiFi last time it was updated. I just did another update using my phone as a hotspot Aug 7 23:27 and now it works with the WiFi again on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz. This really suggests to me that the previous update broke something and now they have issued another update with a fix for what was broken. So if you can connect to your phone as a hotspot you might be able to use the WiFi again after doing an  update.

Interesting, because the last update did not affect my WiFi connection as it works just as well as the other version of the OS. 

0 Kudos
jpnolan2002
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried everything ans still nothing. I can't find where can PM you my details.

0 Kudos
bnardi32

Jump to solution

Danny, our Roku Premier device is connecting to the internet but there’s no network connection. Our Roku device upstairs works just fine and all of our other wireless devices are working.  Here are the details of our Roku Premiere:

Picture

0 Kudos
bnardi32

Jump to solution

If that picture didn’t come through , here are the details for our Roku Premiere:

serial number - YH002Y157188

device ID - K43032157188

model - 3920X

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@jpnolan2002 wrote:

I tried everything ans still nothing. I can't find where can PM you my details.

To send a PM, click the person's avatar and select View profile. On their profile page is a button to send a private message.

Dan

0 Kudos