Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blaire87

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

I have never connected to 2.4GHz network and have never had this issue before. Also, out of my 3 Roku Streaming Stick+ only one is acting up the others are just fine 

0 Kudos
danidee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We've been having this same problem for months.  For some reason, I didn't think to check here for any others... We were inclined to fuss about Comcast instead. 😂 I'm slightly relieved to see it's not just us, but very irritated by this problem!!

0 Kudos
danidee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I should also note that our old roku stick is working fine.  I just checked it on the tv in the living room (where we've had the issue with the new one) and it's working perfectly.  I checked to see when it was last updated -- December 2019.  That's the key. 

0 Kudos
danidee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

... Aaaand now the old roku has successfully updated, which means zero channels are loading despite an "excellent" internet connection. 

Well, it was nice to have a Roku back for a day.  Guess I'll be ordering fire sticks because this is our only way of getting our streaming apps without a smart tv.

Jump to solution

My thoughts exactly. I’ve tried all the fixes, and nothing works. My Roku device simply no longer recognizes any WiFi router, no matter what the settings are. Obviously a planned obsolescence ploy. I see a class action suit in the very near future. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dasnowmannn wrote:

Obviously a planned obsolescence ploy. I see a class action suit in the very near future. 

I can't agree that they did it intentionally. But it does seem that a firmware update has a bug.

A class action suit will benefit no one but the lawyers. When you're talking a device that sells for $25-50, the end user would be lucky to get a certificate for $5 off a new device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
danidee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Dasnowmannn wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I’ve tried all the fixes, and nothing works. My Roku device simply no longer recognizes any WiFi router, no matter what the settings are. Obviously a planned obsolescence ploy. I see a class action suit in the very near future. 

Sounds a lot like Apple, indeed.  

Joke's on them... I'm not sticking around or investing any more in their system if it's not working!  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I tried what others suggested - used my phone hotspot & Roku connected with that. Then I updated Roku. Then tried connecting to my home WiFi & it connected right away. Working great now!

0 Kudos
dtlamont1599
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We've all tried this and it does not fix the problem. What makes NO sense, is you can do a factory restart and it will IMMEDIATELY connect to the internet, so the problem is obviously with the settings in the Roku itself and not our internet. There needs to be an update by Roku to fix the issue that clearly everyone is having!

0 Kudos
Chelisqe

Jump to solution

I have wifi with 2.4 and 5 GHz. I have restarted my internet modem 50 times. I have moved my roku express device less than three feet away from my internet modem and have directly connected both hardwares. In contacting technical support for my internet service provider, it has come to my conclusion- after persistent refreshing, restarting, unplugging and lastly factory resetting the roku device itself, as well as restarting my internet modem-  that the issues I have been having within 24 hours are with the Roku device itself. I have been having my Roku Express for three years and my internet services for the same amount of time. I have had no problems connecting my Roku device with my wifi until 24 hours ago. The Roku Express ID number that I have for my device is 7G26DG668903. My email will be disclosed when i get a response.

I HAVE ATTEMPTED ALL POSSIBLE WAYS TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.Such as NETWORK RESET on Roku device itself before factory resetting in order for me to result to factory reset. Once you factory reset you cannot do anything further from choosing language options IF IT DOES NOT SCAN or connect TO HAVE YOUR WIFI LISTED i.e. if my wifi name was bob123 and I factory reset after doing everything possible that it doesn’t recognize your wifi then bob123 is still not going to show once you have done everything and after factory resetting  as well. Furthermore, if my “bob123” (again just for an example) is  not going to show up after scanning for internet connections before factory resetting then it won’t show after factory resetting. Like I said before I cannot get pass choosing a language option because the Roku device DOES NOT AND WILL NOT SCAN FOR MY WIFI since it  has been 24 hours now. Read before you reply.

Again, the Roku Express device is the only technical problem I am having in my home, there are no outages no weather interruptions.  All of my other five devices connected to my wifi is working perfectly and connecting without any tribulations. I expect to receive some type of response or email soon from your customer service about this issue. 

0 Kudos