Have roku premiere, continuous error low signal strength. Replaced with unused roku premiere, no problems. Is there an unknown problem with the roku premiere?
Seems like has more to do with up grade my was working fine until the up grade was tried to be installed this afternoon. Everything else is working fine.
If your MAC address is all 0’s it is a hardware issue on your device, from everything I’ve read online this has been a Roku issue for years
Hi just been looking to buy a Roku but I noticed all the boxes and stick are all wireless no ethernet connection I've had second thoughts on buying one as I purchased a Now TV stick which I Noticed it was made by Roku and all the same problems I have read on this page also applies to the Now TV stick keeps dropping the wi-fi signal then you cant get it to connect I sent my Now tv stick back and got a refund so it looks like the moto is avoid Roku until they make one with a ethernet connection
My TV has a Ethernet port, but that is no excuse to use it because the wireless doesn’t work, kinda defeats the purpose of wireless, if I have to run cat 5 everywhere
Thanks for your posts and concerns. As stated in my previous post:
1) If you are having issues with connecting to your wireless network, we would strong recommend first taking a look at our Support page for troubleshooting steps here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device
2) If you are having issues with a Roku Express or Roku Premiere device, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. This is commonly overlooked and not checked.
3) If you are having issues connecting to your wireless network and are only able to connect to once the device is in the same room as your router, this would point to a router wireless strength issue.
If you are still experiencing issues connecting to your wireless network, please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- If you have a Roku Express/Premiere, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?
If you have followed all of the above troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing your issue, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the Roku model number, and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.
I run Ethernet everywhere mostly for security reasons.
But also because it eliminates problems.
I could easily switch to wireless but it aint happening No Way.
What is the Big deal of running Ethernet around?
The Cables are cheap. And are easy to run along hidden.
You do it once eliminate problems and have much better connection.
Hi I think everybody has tried all those things, it points to all Roku devices and Now tv devices that are connected to the WIFI as everything else that connected to the WIFI is fine and no problems at all and running perfectly. By the amount of problems on this site and many other review sites you would think that Roku and Now tv would put some resources into the problem and get it right before they sell any more of these units.
When I returned the Now tv stick back to Currys they said a lot of people are always returning these and don't want a replacement just their money back.