Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tama
Binge Watcher

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

I sent Danny the info he requested “to help you further” and he sent the canned response again. So maybe Roku has left the country. 

rrh
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Update on my situation: I have had two e-mail conversations with Roku employees--first Krishna in support and then Danny. Krishna asked me to go through many of the steps advised on the troubleshooting pages, of course to no avail, and never addressed the cause of the problem. She last suggested I take every other device offline and then try to reconnect the Roku and if that didn't work, I should go to my internet service provider. Danny, who is a person (not a bot), said he would forward my information to customer support. I told him I'd already been through customer support, but I don't know if he got that. I haven't heard from a new person in customer support. He, too, did not address the cause of the problem and specifically my assertion that the software update appears to be incompatible with some routers/networks. I don't understand why the company wouldn't admit this is an issue, promise a fix, and get past this. They're going to lose customers.

dizzydinah
Binge Watcher

intermittent wifi

Jump to solution

The maddening thing about this buffering is it is intermittent. Sometimes the connection is great with no interference and when it's bad I can't watch the TV. In my experience I've gone down the route of company instructions on how to establish the internet connection and it will go down within seconds. I can establish a connection, but in one of the bad periods it will go out. So I don't feel that I need instruction on how to connect, I need to find out whose dropping the ball and that could turn into my life's mission. Just now the living room TV is going in and out of connectivity and the bedroom TV, on the same channel, performing well, both Rokus. During connection checks the Roku has a download speed of 1 and labels that good? Seriously Roku, you need to help with this issue!

SaintHope
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

"If you have followed all of the above troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing your issue, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the Roku model number, and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there."

The update is what killed everyone's wifi.

Maybe a pm to you will help?

0 Kudos
icelips
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OK. In that post what they Bleeped was the situation excuse. Unbelievable. Firestick tomorrow. 

Tama
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

How did you get to talk via email to support? I got an “unattended” email site. And Danny just keeps sending his bot-like responses. How did you break through?

0 Kudos
SaintHope
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Never contacted him. I was trying to wake him up to the facts. Roku knows and they seem to not care.

icelips
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have never been able to even find a phone #. I got a message saying that my device was nor longer supported. It's 2 yrs old. 

0 Kudos
Lumstorm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just joined  to add I'm another person who has lost the ability to connect to my WiFi on my 3810EU Roku Streaming Stick+. It was working perfectly with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz now since the latest update I can see the 5GHz but not enough to connect it and it only sees the 2.4GHz about once in every 10 times I scan for wireless access. Tried all the usual reset and restart  my TV, Blu-ray player and Nintendo Switch which supposedly has bad WiFi reception are fine but the Roku is now completely useless. Please release an update to fix the WiFi that you broke in the last one.

Nyguyjohn

Jump to solution

I am connected to my router wirelessly (excellent signal strength) but it says there is no internet connection whenever I try to run an app.  What gives????? Model 4400x, S/N YY004T986539,.   I tried restarting device also, no change.  Devise was working fine a week or so ago, but not now.  Weird!! 

0 Kudos