Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BK420
Binge Watcher

Re: To everyone having the same "suddenly no wifi" problem

Jump to solution

The fact that they've set up this forum, with 1 employee monitoring it, instead of any kind of a technical support line/customer service department. Is a pretty clear indication that that absolutly nobody at Roku does not give a **bleep**, aboyt it's customers. & would rather cot corners to save money than stand behind their product in any way, Just a totally incompetent Garbage company. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I realize many of you dweebs are unaware of the "the situation" pandemic/thingy

But its been happening now for many months.

And certainly is affecting like, you know, "Everything".

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
dgg9
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

I realize many of you dweebs are unaware of the "Covid" pandemic/thingy

But its been happening now for many months.

And certainly is affecting like, you know, "Everything".

Laughable.  Monitoring an internet forum is inherently a remote activity.  If anything, there would  be *more* employees available for this task. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dgg9 wrote:

It's not true that there's no Roku employee on this forum. But at the moment I believe there's only one, and he can't be here 24/7. Weekday business hours you can usually find @RokuDanny-R 

“Danny” is a bot.   

Believe that if you want. I've had a number of private conversations with him. Wasn't a bot.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
dgg9
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There’s no human presence from Roku here on the forum. All “danny” posts look automated and are never specifically responsive.  There’s clearly a raging pandemic of wireless problems, but no human response on the forum.   

0 Kudos
icelips
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank You!! OMG, I thought that I was just stupid. I have tried everything too and nothing fixes the problem. I have 2 Roku devices, 1 is still working fine, the other {right by the router) will not work. I am completely baffled at how this company is run. I don't want to hear a **bleep** situation EXCUSE. These Techno- geniuses can all  work from home anyway and rarely have any human contact or see daylight. So, what is the real EXCUSE? There is none, except that we bought their product and want us all to upgrade. I shall not apologize for my rant. 

BK420
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Oh **bleep**?! No **bleep**?!? That's wild, i'll have to Google that. Maybe not a great time for an app update to add 3 screensavers, in the first place?

0 Kudos
BK420
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In the new roku update we've added 3 new "staying home 2gether" "quarentine binge watch mode" screen savers, also like 30% you might not be able to connect to the internet anymore. Have fun crowdsourcing a solution to our incompetence gang!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dgg9 wrote:

There’s no human presence from Roku here on the forum. All “danny” posts look automated and are never specifically responsive.  There’s clearly a raging pandemic of wireless problems, but no human response on the forum.   

You can repeat it all you want, but it's not true. Enjoy life and stay safe...

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
icelips
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OK, so I tried to contact customer support. All that did was give me yet another online forum to discover. My aggravation level is to the point where I just want to smash things and throw them out my window. I won't do that because it's probably not "techno correct" and I am sooo afraid of offending people. I just need these things to work and perhaps be a bit more user friendly. Is that so much to ask for?

0 Kudos