Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCM315
Level 7

Taking longer than usual to connect to the network

We have a total of 5 TVs each with a Roku stick in our house and recently 2 of them are taking a longer than normal amount of time to connect to WiFi when we turn on those TVs. They used to connect within 10 or 15 seconds but now it can take 2 - 3 minutes to connect. The strange thing is these are the 2 closest TVs to the wireless router so I doubt signal strength is the issue. Do you have any tips for troubleshooting this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Taking longer than usual to connect to the network

One possibility is outside interference with your wifi signal.  Perhaps a neighbor has started up a new router, or changed the channel he's using to the same one you're using.  If those two slow-linking sets are the nearest ones to your neighbor that could explain why they're the ones affected.

Try changing your router's channel assignment to a different channel to see if it makes any difference.  You may need to experiment with different channels to see which gives the best result.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
wxhaynes
Level 7

i have been having the exact same issue. was not alwats this way. i have had no change regarding my wifi and this issue has not presented itsself in any of my other devices so this issue is certainly on roku's end.

0 Kudos
Cjamesssss
Level 7

Me too, and it recently started (maybe 2 months ago). I wonder if Roku set an updated software and it cause the TVs to slow down dramatically. I have had 6 sharp smart TVs with built in roku, and after this I will no longer be purchasing any tv with built in roku.

0 Kudos