Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M1ps
Level 7

Tablo wont stream to Roku express But will to other devices on the network

I have a tablo OTA recorder that worked fine until the first or second week in December. It the started to freeze up and buffer for extended periods. there was a channel update on both Roku and Tablo in that time frame. Since then I have been working with Tablo support to eliminate things "poor signal, bad devices etc ,etc. Let just start out I get 60MBs from my ISP to my router down and 13 up from the router I have a meshed wireless network that handles the rokus and other devices. At all three (3) Roku expresses I get from 29-35 MBS one of the express devices sits directly between the router and tablo. Tablo is ethernet connected to the router of course the roku is on the 2.4ghz band of the wireless but it has had no problems with streams from other channels. I am at a loss I had some reauth packets on the network but they came from an AT&T mini cell I moved that and they have disappeared. the network seems to be running at above average speeds and has congestion test around 8 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being no congestion. I'd like to be able to stream live local channels and record them on my roku devices.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
rabidshepzilla
Level 7

Re: Tablo wont stream to Roku express But will to other devices on the network

I've also had this issue,

If I restart the router the Tablo will work across all of my devices.

I have 2 fire TV sticks

3 Roku Express

1 Roku 3

And a TCL Roku TV

The only ones I every have trouble with are the Roku Express. Which worked fine up until late 2019.

0 Kudos
New2Tablo
Level 7

Re: Tablo wont stream to Roku express But will to other devices on the network

I have the same problem.   Tablo works fine with the Roku stick, but not with the Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)   which is the same room as the router.   Has anyone found a solution to this yet?  If not, I will return my roku express..

0 Kudos