Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esch00
Reel Rookie

TCL roku tv Won’t detect networks please help

My TCL Roku tv is not scanning or detecting any networks I’ve done factory reset as well as reset the modem for Wi-Fi this tv is only 1 year old please help

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: TCL roku tv Won’t detect networks please help

Roku doesn’t make TVs. It’s under warranty so contact TCL. If your TV has an Ethernet port try that. 

0 Kudos
Esch00
Reel Rookie

It is a TCL Roku tv  ie a TCL tv with Roku operating system 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Esch00  I know what it is. I own 3 of them. But Roku did not make your TV. TCL did. So if you are under warranty contact TCL. Try using the Ethernet port. If that doesn’t work then contact TCL for warranty coverage 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Esch00 

Does your RokuTV see any networks at all? (neighbors, etc).

In your Settings/System/About and Settings/Network/About are you seeing a Gateway address (this will be your router address), an IP Address (this will be the RokuTVs assigned address from the network router), and a Wireless MAC Address (this is an identifier for the RokuTV and as long as it is not all zeros is a good sign.)

Are you able to connect to either a mobile hotspot if available (to check wireless connection ability) or use an ethernet cable to router? (Ethernet should bypass issues if wireless has a problem).

Feel free to post back with an update.  Include router model number and ISP (internet service provider).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Esch00
Reel Rookie

I’m not seeing any available connections no neighbors / hot spots or anything else…. MAC address is showing all 0’s. Not able to use Ethernet from router as it’s on a different floor of the house 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Esch00 

When the wireless MAC address is all zeros, that is the normal indicator that there is an issue with the internal wireless NIC (network interface card).  Sometimes a bad grounding connection/weak solder; other times failure.  Sometimes unplugging the TV for a little bit of time will allow discharge and "may" start working again for a bit. 

If your RokuTV is still under warranty, then need to contact TCL support.  When dealing with RokuTVs, the actual manufacturer of the TV handles warranty.  Roku handles warranties with Roku devices, but not RokuTVs.

(https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...).

-----

If out of warranty, then ethernet is going to be the easy solution.  Otherwise, replacement of the NIC card (or at least checking for a poor ground connection at the card/chip), or replacement of the TV will likely be required.  I would definitely check with TCL and see if they offer you any other options. (You never know.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Esch00  As I stated before contact TCL for warranty coverage 

0 Kudos