Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku Won’t connect to Xfinity XFi gateway wireless connection

@castleofmist 

Can it connect to a phone hotspot? If so, will it stream anything? Putting it on a second network (such as your phone's hotspot) would help determine if there's something on your regular network it doesn't like, or if it's just that the device is bad.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Yes, it can connect to a phone hotspot. No, it will not connect to through the XFi router. I have read dozens of articles and watched many videos on this issue, and many can solve it by changing their Comcast router protocol from g/n to b/g/n. The XFi router can be changed that way as the settings are automatically set by Comcast. This is a common problem with the Roku and XFi.

0 Kudos

Response should say that the XFi router *cannot* be changed from g/n to b/g/n because it is automatically set by Comcast.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@castleofmist wrote:

Yes, it can connect to a phone hotspot. No, it will not connect to through the XFi router. I have read dozens of articles and watched many videos on this issue, and many can solve it by changing their Comcast router protocol from g/n to b/g/n. The XFi router cannot be changed that way as the settings are automatically set by Comcast. This is a common problem with the Roku and XFi.

The b/g/n issue applies to 2.4 GHz only. 5 GHz not connecting would have a different cause.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos