Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjernigan23
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV, Not Connected to Internet, Missing Remote

We have a TCL Roku TV and we're missing the remote.  It's not connected to the wifi anymore - not sure if it's the same wifi from when it was originally connected or not.  The remote is lost - so I just purchased the newest Roku Voice remote (compatible with ALL Roku TVs).  I can't get the remote to pair with the TV, so I can't get to the setting to access the wifi.  Any help??

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
olivia831

Re: TCL Roku TV, Not Connected to Internet, Missing Remote

I am having the EXACT same issue. Just purchased the new Roku Voice remote from Best Buy after confirming it was compatible with our TCL Roku TV and no luck. It just won't pair. I also tried the "non-remote" hacks with my mobile hot spot and it's as if the Roku part of the TV isn't "on," even when my TV is on. 

0 Kudos

We were having the same problem and I searched around and nobody has a clear answer and we came across it by mistake while I was on the phone with my family in a different state. You can use the reset button on the TV to reset the TV and put your new remote into pairing mode and it will pair with the remote. If it doesn't work the 1st time turn the TV off, and then back on with the remote in pairing mode and it should pair.

0 Kudos
Slicback21

What if you have to use a mobile device instead of the remote or voice control remote?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Slicback21, if you're asking how to connect a Roku device to Wi-Fi without a remote it can't be done.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Streamer317
Roku Guru

This thread is from 2 years ago 

0 Kudos