Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CairoKolton
Level 7

Switching wireless networks?

Hello - I have two wireless networks available - 2.4GHz and 5GHz. When I first setup my device I was able to use the 5GHz. Something happened and now it keeps defaulting to the 2.4GHz and I cannot find the 5GHz network. Also, when I want to switch from wireless to wired I can only choose wireless. Can someone help me out on what to do? I think the networks might have switched when I tried to screen mirror with one of my other devices and both had to be on the same network so I mistakenly switched to the 2.4GHz network... Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Switching wireless networks?

Always post the model number (not name) of your Roku when asking for help.  Assuming your Roku supports 5GHz (not all do) your router 5GHz AP's channel is probably set to "Auto" and it switched to an unsupported channel.  Go into the settings for the router and change the channel to one below 50 or above 150.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Switching wireless networks?

Try restarting both your router (let it reboot fully) and then your Roku device.

You may also have to navigate to Roku network settings and press Scan Again a few times to refresh the found networks.

Further steps is to verify that the 5ghz radio is broadcasting and set to a Roku compatible channel 36-48 or 149-161.  Channels 52-140 are not compatible and a router setting of "Auto" may be selecting on of these incompatible channels.

Post back with Roku model number if still having issues.

0 Kudos