Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bertino
Level 7

Streaming stick + won’t connect to network after 9.0 release

I have two Roku streaming stick plus devices. It seems that after the 9.0 release I’m not able to connect to any network for either device. So it must be a problem with this release since the problem exists on both devices. Has anyone come across this problem and know how to fix it? I’ve tried a factory reset on both devices to no avail.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Streaming stick + won’t connect to network after 9.0 release

Thanks for the note here. I'd recommend taking a quick look here for some network troubleshooting suggestions: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

You might also double check that your network configuration meets the supported criteria for your Roku device. If you're using an unsupported encryption protocol (such as 802.1X), this could prevent your device from connecting to your network. In general, Roku devices support 802.11 b/g/n and/or 802.11 ac using WEP, WPA, or WPA-2 encryption. 

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Bertino
Level 7

Thanks for your reply. I spent over an hour on the phone with Roku tech support and speaking to 2 tech support agents. I'm getting error code 014.50. I've searched this forum and have tried just about everything. The strange this is that I plugged in a lower model Roku stick that I got when I tried DirecTV Now and that works without any issue. It's just the Streaming Stick + devices that stopped working. I have a Linksys LRT214 router and Linksys LAPAC1200 wireless access point. When I perform a factory reset I'm able to connect to the network. Once I shut off the TV (it's plugged into a USB port on the TV) it loses the network connection completely.
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

"Bertino" wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I spent over an hour on the phone with Roku tech support and speaking to 2 tech support agents. I'm getting error code 014.50. I've searched this forum and have tried just about everything. The strange this is that I plugged in a lower model Roku stick that I got when I tried DirecTV Now and that works without any issue. It's just the Streaming Stick + devices that stopped working. I have a Linksys LRT214 router and Linksys LAPAC1200 wireless access point. When I perform a factory reset I'm able to connect to the network. Once I shut off the TV (it's plugged into a USB port on the TV) it loses the network connection completely.

Plug the Roku stick into the AC power adapter instead of the USB port on the TV. Sometimes the TVs do not supply the right amount of power for the Roku to function properly.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bertino 

@trekkeriii's suggestion would be my next recommendation, too. Please try plugging the device into a wall power adapter and let us know if that seems to clear up the issue. If not, send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number fo your device from Settings>System>About. I'll help take a closer look to see what else we can suggest. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos