Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skiprap

Streaming Stick - not connected

Jump to solution

Streaming Stick+ has been working for over a year. Yesterday, home screen would come up with "not connected" where the time normally is, and could not get remote to communicate with the unit. Today, swapped out power supply and USB extension, but it made no difference. Occasionally if I futz around enough and hit the reset button a few times, I get the AWR not detected dialog box. All connections are solid, but nothing seems to work. I did ONCE manage to make the "not connected" go away, but could not get the remote to pair, and the next time I started everything up, "not connected" was back. Help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming Stick - not connected

Jump to solution

@skiprap 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@skiprap 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ronanmandel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have this exact same issue. My stream stick + had been working for months just fine and now has suddenly stopped, and is showing the "Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver" message, even though it's still there and has been plugged in all along.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ronanmandel

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing everything and then plugging everything back in to see if that resolves the issue are seeing?

If you are still experiencing an issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PDZ

Jump to solution

Streaming Premium Stick has been working for over a year. We had a power outage and now home screen would come up with "not connected" where the time normally is, and I can not get the remote to communicate with the unit. I have swapped out to a completely different stick and remote,,, still the same. I even swapped to a different TV... still the same.

My other Roku Sticks came back on and connected without a hitch.

Please help!

0 Kudos
ronanmandel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

FWIW, I suggest you chat w/Customer Service directly. They resolved my issue by sending out a replacement 🙂 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PDZ

Thanks for the post.

Power outages can sometimes result in damage to electronics that weren't protected with a surge protector. How was your Roku device being powered? Were your electronics plugged into a surge protector?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bokar83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Similar issue. I've rebooted the router and the Roku stick. I tried it on multiple hdmi ports and even directly to the tv (with and without the extender) and still nothing. The Roku starts and eventually gets to the home screen but says not connected. I can't do anything with the remote so I can't update the wifi if that is the problem. The odd part is that the Roku device works downstairs with a similar setup and the device downstairs also has issues upstairs. I'm hoping somebody has a solution as to where the interference is coming from. The device worked without a hitch for almost 2 years. Now I'm stuck in a catch-22. I was hoping that resetting the device downstairs on the same network would do the trick but it didn't. The hdmi ports work. Something is blocking the signal and I can't figure it out. Please help! The kids are about to mutiny.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bokar83

Thanks for the post and information.

From what you have stated, this connectivity issue appears to be related to your network and not your Roku devices as both are working properly when placed in another part of your house, and not working specifically in another place.

Have you recently made any changes to your wireless network? In addition, what router are you using? How are is your currently wireless network setup?

With more information, perhaps other users in the Community can provide more troubleshooting steps with your wireless network situation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bokar83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Team.

Providing an update.to the issue. In the end it was NOT an internal network issue (my home's WiFi) bit rather the Roku WiFi adaptor that was fried when the lightning strike happened right by the house. Since it was barely out of warranty I simply purchased a new one cable on the Roku store and everything works fine. 

So now we know that lightning strikes from nearby can fry the WiFi adaptor in the Roku cable, even if it's plugged into a surge protector. 

I hope this helps. If you just cannot connect the remote no matter what and the Roku screen comes up but says "not connected" and your other Roku device works in that area and on the TV then the WiFi adaptor on the Roku cable is most likely fried. 

Cheers and good luck. 

0 Kudos