Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTKing
Level 7

Re: Streaming Stick+ disconnecting from network

It does appear the switch in channels has resolved the issue. Roku has stayed connected all day thus far. AT&T set up the router when we moved in. I'll need to do some more digging if there's a better way to set up the router. Thanks for your input renojim!

0 Kudos
JTKing
Level 7

Yeah... its not working again. I think this thing is flawed. I've reset it again and it doesn't even see the Wireless Receiver, so I can't go thru the motions for set-up! The Roku obviously likes & dislikes certain wireless channels, why is there no way to manually switch those channels within the Roku settings, without having to set-up a new wireless connection to mobile hot spot, all in order to then switch back to original wireless connection so the channel switches?! Better question yet, why is this designed so that the remote WILL NOT FUNCTION if the Roku has disconnected?! I'm dead in the water hitting the reset button over and over hoping it will reconnect so I can do anything!! Help!?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The wireless channel is controlled solely by your router.  If you have it set to "Auto" then set it to a fixed channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Speedyp
Level 7

renojim, I am having the same problems as JTKing. Is it possible that the roku equipment is just not that good?

0 Kudos
Speedyp
Level 7

I have noticed that when it locks up or losses connectivity the stick is hot not the usual warm when it is operating correctly. To me it is a sign of a weak chip inside the stick+. I have put it in the refrig for a few minutes to cool it down and it reconnected but for only an hour or so!

0 Kudos
JTKing
Level 7

I will have to look into that as soon as I have time to refresh on getting into router settings. Been a while since I did that. I still question, why does the stick work fine for 3 weeks, then just decide not to? It hasn't moved, nothing has moved or changed. If the roku remote would continue to work, even though the stick+ has disconnected, one could at least go into settings and choose a different wireless connection. Having a remote that becomes completely useless when the device it controls disconnects from network seems like a really bad idea / major flaw. Maddening!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the very best part, it thinks the Advanced Wireless Receiver (AWR) is missing (not detected). It is still plugged in, of course. And being powered by its own power adapter. It's never been unplugged. So... nothing I can do. Stick+ is worthless at the moment.

0 Kudos