Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jettp24
Level 7

Streaming Stick+ Cuts Off All Display Right After Roku Logo Appears

I bought this streaming stick+ a few weeks ago. When I plug everything in to the outlet and the tv, the LED shines normally and I see the Roku logo displayed onscreen. However as soon as the Roku logo disappears, the LED starts to blink (once, over and over, not twice as if it was a wifi issue) and the display cuts out completely. I reboot the stick, and the exact same thing happens. I have tried restarting my router, plugging the stick into other TVs, other HDMI inputs, plugging the usb into the TV port, everything I can think of. Nothing works, it shows the roku logo and then nothing. I can’t even start to set it up because no setup screen will display at all. I am beyond frustrated and have no idea what to do. I assumed at first it was my **bleep** tv but even after getting a new tv the same thing happens. I can’t figure anything out.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Stick+ Cuts Off All Display Right After Roku Logo Appears

Even though it's new, I'd still try a factory reset.  Sticks have either a reset button or a pinhole to access the reset button with something like a paperclip.  Find the button or pinhole (usually along an edge) and with everything connected press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds ignoring anything happening onscreen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos