Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_L

Re: Special characters in wifi password are NOT SUPPORTED by Roku express stick.

Thanks for your reply.

In fact I just power cycled the device which fixed the problem.

The special chars were there before I performed the s/w upgrade but not immediately afterwards. It would seem that the power cycle  was needed.

Jo_E

Re: Special characters in wifi password are NOT SUPPORTED by Roku express stick.

@beaston wrote:

Wow. I don't get it. 95% of users create STRONG wifi passwords with special characters. Well, mine includes | and / , which my roku express stick does NOT SUPPORT. I would rather give up my roku and sell it as used rather than change my password yet again. But yet, it has the symbols for Euro, GBP, and Yen????? Who uses these in a password???????

This solution worked for me! Hurray!

Don't use the RIGHT shift lock key for capital letters in your password. It changes your symbol display to all the strange characters you mentioned. Instead, use the LEFT shift key, which only capitalizes one letter at a time. Your symbol key will then display the normal symbols we know and love.

0 Kudos

I’m a small home and I got hacked big time… it took the scammers three days to get through the password that had several special characters and 20 symbols long. Thanks for your comment but sadly I don’t agree.  

blessings! Red

0 Kudos