Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunflower178
Level 7

So many suddent Roku Express problems

So i've had my roku express since mid-December and it worked like a dream. Suddenly, friday it stopped connecting to wifi. I restarted my router and nothing, did that about 5 times and started googling. 

I hard reset my roku and now it says I suddenly have insuffient power. I switch back to the roku adapter (it was very bulky so I switched it out), and STILL it says that. I go away for the weekend leaving it plugged in.

Still doesn't work, I try resetting it again and now all my usb adapters are insufficent power sources, except when I plug in the adapter my roku came with it turns on and off before it can even ho the screen. I also trie swithing the HDMI port and plugging the USB directly into my TV. 

help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ghb51
Level 8

Re: So many suddent Roku Express problems

It sounds like you used a different adapter than the one that came with Express for a while? If so, it could have damaged the Express if the output voltage was higher than the adapter that came with the Express. I think the output on my Express adapter is 5v.
0 Kudos
Sunflower178
Level 7

"ghb51" wrote:
It sounds like you used a different adapter than the one that came with Express for a while? If so, it could have damaged the Express if the output voltage was higher than the adapter that came with the Express. I think the output on my Express adapter is 5v.

Nope, the adapter I used is 5V as well 
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 8

"Sunflower178" wrote:
"ghb51" wrote:

Nope, the adapter I used is 5V as well 

Ahh ok, I can't think of anything else unfortunately.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Make sure you're using the original micro USB cable as well. Not all are created equal.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Sunflower178
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
Make sure you're using the original micro USB cable as well. Not all are created equal.

doing that as well!
0 Kudos