Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superfoneguy
Level 7

Slow Network Performance

Hello all. I have a Roku Express that has been working great for a couple years. I had a cheap home wifi router and decided to upgrade to a higher performing home router as I got faster Xfinity internet service. The new router (a TP Link A7) is very fast but the Roku box was basically useless on it. The menus were very slow and most of the time none of the channels would stream. The 2.4 Ghz was also very slow on both my laptops.

After messing around with all the router channel and channel width settings to no effect, I decided to adjust the Beacon Interval setting from its default of 100 ms to 800 ms. After about a minute all the slow symptoms had resolved and the Roku was back to performing normally. I thought I'd share this on this forum in case anyone else has this type of problem.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos