Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Setting Up, can't connect WiFi

I have had 4 rokus set up in my house for a year plus. Three work fine but one, the closet to the modem and router keeps loosing the wireless / internet connection and now, that 1 roku will not cannot connect at all. Is there something I am not doing correctly or is the unit bad? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

-What model device are you trying to connect to the internet?
-Have you tried rebooting your network and then the device?

I would also recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’ve done all the things recommended. I’m trying to set up a Premiere.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

As stated in my post, "Same issue with an LT & basic Stick" and done ALL the resets, reboots, yada yada yada. On 2.4GHz band, channels 6 & 2 are wide open and these devices will not connect even with security deactivated.

Roku just needs to admit these older devices' wifi chipset cannot make reliable, secure connections with the current crop of 802.11a/g/n/ac MU-MIMO WiFi routers.

Just move on, maybe offer a trade-in if you want to stop the loss of biz to AMZ, Apple, Google, and the Smart TV brands.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@blinachka 

If you have done all of the trouble shooting steps I have provided, and those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Too late. It's cost me 2 trips to the retailer. Horrible tech support. I simply returned it and won't replace it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm lost.  I have a new ROKU Ultra and bought it to take on the road for NETFLIX.  I used it for the first time this week at a hotel and it setup was easy and worked like a champ.  I moved to a new hotel today and connected everything the same way.  It looked like it was going to work fine but I made a stupid move to connect to NETFLIX before I tried to connect to the hotel network.  It obviously did not work.  After that when I went to the home screen the remote will not work with the ROKU box.  I tried reset, syncing with the remote, removing the cables, powering off and there is no control from the remote to the ROKU box.  The green light on the box tells me that the remote is talking to it but on screen I cannot go to anything with the remote.  Anybody have a clue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So I’ve had my onn TV Since Black Friday of 2019 worked great until today cannot connect to WiFi WTF. Tried scanning nothing wanna update nope Can’t even connect to my hotspot on the phone I going anybody have any suggestions

0 Kudos