Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melisarridgwell
Level 7

Serial Number with HDMI extender

I'm trying to order the hdmi extender as I've read its helpful in trying to increase your wifi signal...and frankly after several months of it working perfectly where it's at, it now sucks. Anyhow, it keeps saying the serial number I'm entering is incorrect. I'm entering the serial number located on the Roku system info page...I've entered it multiple times. Anybody have an advice? 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Serial Number

I just ordered one this week and didn't run into that problem. All I can suggest is that it may be case-sensitive, so make sure you enter in same case (CAPITALS or lower case) as shown on your info screen.
Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
renojim

Also note that it's only available (and useful) for the sticks.  If you have another model, your serial number won't work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Melisarridgwell 

Thanks for the note.

As mentioned, please be aware that the HDMI extender is for Roku Streaming Sticks.

If you are having issues with your wireless connection, we would recommend checking out our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
padraick
Level 7

Hi Danny, I have a Roku 3400X.  It keeps saying the serial number I got from my account webpage is invalid.  Do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
okaussie3
Level 10

Have you checked your serial number you put in your account when you got it?  Could be different than the one you see on your TV that you are trying to use.  Could be a conflict.

It is under my linked devices in your account..

It's worth checking..

Bill

0 Kudos
renojim

The 3400 was the MHL stick.  It may not be eligible for the extender, but you should probably PM @RokuDanny-R to get a definitive answer after double-checking your SN as was suggested.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@padraick 

Thanks for the clarification.

Please be aware that the 3400 is a much older device that is no longer supported and will not be eligible for a the Roku HDMI extender. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
padraick
Level 7

Hi @RokuDanny-R,

After doing more research, it looks like the 3400x has an MHL port, so I would need an adapter to connect to the HDMI port on my TV.  The HDMI extender itself wouldn't do anything.  Does this sound correct?  Does Roku have these for sale?

thanks,

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@padraick 

Thanks for the update.

We don't sell an adapter for the MHL port for the Streaming Stick 3600. However, as stated in my previous post, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos