Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Mirroring from Distant PC

Just bought a Roku Streaming Stick +.  I enabled screen mirroring from a Win10 PC, and as long as I'm in the same room as the Roku, everything seems to work fine.  But if I take the PC further away to another room, I lose connection to the Roku.  I have a main wireless router and two wireless extenders in the house.  I have tried multiple combinations of connecting the PC and Roku to the same wireless access point, different access points, and 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections.  Regardless, once I leave the room where the Roku is located with the laptop in hand, I will quickly lose connection to screen mirroring.  

I would have assumed that since all devices are on a single (with extenders) wireless network that it shouldn't matter that the PC and Roku are physically distant from one another.  Thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

Re: Screen Mirroring from Distant PC

how did you connect the roku? i have tryed the article but i cant find the "connect" option? could you post a screen recording of how you got it to work please? sorry

0 Kudos

Re: Screen Mirroring from Distant PC

I have seen that others have had problems with screen mirroring, but I did not.  Just do a search on your PC for "Connect to a Wireless Display".  Click on it, and it should open up Settings - Display.  On the lower half of the screen under Multiple Displays, it should have an option to Connect to a wireless display.  Click on that, and it will search for available options.  When I am in the same room as my Roku, it shows up and I just click on it.  When I am not in the same room, nothing shows up.  Hope this helps.  

0 Kudos