Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kateronquillo
Level 7

School wifu

I just moved into dorms and am trying to put my roku on the school wifi. The problem is I need to input my username and password to get on the wifi but all roku will let me do is my password.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: School wifu

Doesn't it ask you if you're at home or hotel/dorm when you try to connect to Wi-Fi?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MNance
Level 7

Re: School wifu

I'm having the exact same issue except my roku TV won't even ask for a password it just tries to connect like it's an unsecure network even though it is secure, and I need to enter in a username and password. My school also has guest wifi meant for visiting prospective students that only lasts 24 hours. When I attempted to log into that one it did bring up the dorm/hotel wifi pop up, but once again that network is temporary. My school also has an unsecure network, but that means I can't connect my phone to my TV because its unsecured.

Is there a way to get the dorm/hotel pop up to work for the right wifi network? I think part of the problem is that the network doesn't redirect to another site, your just supposed to enter the username and password into the settings. Every other device I have had to connect to it has automatically brought up the username and password boxes, but roku won't, and if I manually enter the network in, I can ONLY enter in a password.

0 Kudos