Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim482

Says connected but when I try to go to anything it says not connected? Please help

I have a roku tv and it was working fine, now it keeps telling me that I am not connected. I have reset everything and it says connected. Then I try to go to a app it says not connected? Please help 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Says connected but when I try to go to anything it says not connected? Please help

Roku doesn’t make TVs. They only make the software and sell it to companies such as TCL, Hisense and Sharp. Who manufactured your TV? Also how long have you had it? Try these steps. Unplug your Roku TV, modem and router for at least 30 seconds. Then plug them all back in. Wait for your modem and router to be completely booted up. See if your TV to connect to your WiFi. If it cannot try using an Ethernet cable from your modem to your TV. Explain what you mean about reset everything

0 Kudos
Jim482

Re: Says connected but when I try to go to anything it says not connected? Please help

The tv is a TCL 6 years old. I have reset  the tv also tried updating and have reset my modem. I have roku box on my other tv and it works fine.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Did you try connecting the tv using an Ethernet cable? Go to your network settings in your Roku. If it shows 00000 for your MAC address then something is wrong with the wireless card inside your tv. You can reach out to TCL and see what they can do for you. Unfortunately it’s 6 years old and out of warranty. If your TCL Roku TV has an Ethernet port try that. If the TV won’t connect you can’t update it

0 Kudos
Jim482

The tv is a TCL 6 years old. I have reset  the tv also tried updating and have reset my modem. I have roku box on my other tv and it works fine.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Jim482  You keep saying the same thing over and over. Have you tried the steps I laid out? Have you reached out to TCL?

0 Kudos
Jim482

I have tried everything but the Ethernet cable. It was working a week ago and it says last update was March 22? Thanks for your input 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jim482 

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue for you. Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos