Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pghmckay
Level 7

Same problem with wireless.

I have two Roku boxes and until this past weekend they were both working fine.  Suddenly, on August 14, both devices simply stopped working, saying there was no Wi-Fi signal available.  Other devices, such as laptops and phones, still recognize the Wi-Fi. I can connect my Roku to my iPhone using The iPhone as a hotspot but it does not see the router. There has been no change in the router settings.   Seems like a lot of people are having this problem, and every once in a while, somebody from Roku logs in and asks a lot of questions about your device model, etc., which is a good way of not responding to the issue. This is clearly a widespread problem.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Same problem with wireless.

Your Model number and typs do matter to those trying to help.

Its not hard to mention I have an Ultra.

Does your Router broadcast a 2.4G signal?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Same problem with wireless.

No guarantees, but this has always worked for me when I've needed to re-establish the WiFi connection on a Roku device:

Reboot your router (Yes, do this even if your other devices have no problem finding and connecting to your network.)

When your router comes back up, restart your Roku via:
Separate Roku device: Settings > System > System restart
Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart

Reconnect to your network via Settings > Network > Set up connection

If this still doesn't work, try pulling the power plug on your Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in. When it's finished restarting, try to reconnect the network again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos