Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Same Router, Same Internet Provider, Roku can't find it when searching for wifi networks

I moved to a different apartment in the same building and had my internet provider (Spectrum) connect my account in my new apartment. The installer used the same router with the same ssid and password, all of my devices can connect to it except the roku. When I search for wifi networks to connect to, it doesn't show up.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Same Router, Same Internet Provider, Roku can't find it when searching for wifi networks

What model Roku are we talking about?

Roku models Express, Express+, Premiere, and Premiere+ cannot connect to the 5 GHz wifi band, only to the 2.4 GHz band. If you have one of these models and a dual band router with both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, be sure the router's 2.4 GHz band is turned on.

If that's not the issue, see if this helps - it has worked for me numerous times:

Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).

After the router comes back up, restart the Roku via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart) to start with a clean slate.

Connect to your network.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Same Router, Same Internet Provider, Roku can't find it when searching for wifi networks

Hi, thanks for your reply. It's the roku premiere. I'll try those steps and get back to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I restarted my router, did a system restart through the roku, and it still does not find my home network. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Do you have any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

@dk013 wrote:

Do you have any other ideas?

Yes, have you verified that your router is using the 2.4 GHz band and not just the 5 GHz band?  As indicated in my first response, your Roku Premiere can ONLY see the 2.4 GHz band.  If you don't know how to get into your router's configuration to check, there are a number of wifi analyzer apps you can run on a phone that will show you what bands your router is using.  If you can't configure your router yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider for help.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes the router is using 2.4ghz I triple checked. I can see the network on my laptop which is sitting next to the roku, further away from the router.

0 Kudos