Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SPECTRUM INTERNET - 4 DAYS no access

It wasn't that long ago that a bunch of people with Spectrum Internet couldn't connect.  The solution for them was to get a new modem/router from Spectrum.  I have not idea why it worked, but there were plenty of reports that it fixed the problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
eliteweims
Channel Surfer

I haven't been able to update this issues.  Per Spectrum I have the latest Modem and my router, a NetGear is only 3 months old.  Still have NO internet connection to our ROKU TVs.  Strange but one TV did connect for a brief time via a Hot Spot off my sons IPhone.  

0 Kudos
eliteweims
Channel Surfer

The support person via emails have been NO help at all!  Telling me for the 4th time to contact my internet support CS after I had made it very clear I had talked to them several times is not an answer!

@RokuKariza-D so, no I am not going to keep working with that person,  thank you

0 Kudos
AustinW123
Reel Rookie

Hello!

I’ve ran through a few different troubleshooting methods and none are working. I just purchased a series 5 TCL tv that runs Roku. My spectrum internet won’t connect to neither 2g or 5g. I am attempting to connect wirelessly as I don’t have an Ethernet long enough to run through. 

I have restarted my router, restarted my TV, scanned for networks again, and factory reset the TV. Nothing is working.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@AustinW123 

Are you seeing an IP Address and a MAC address from Systems/Settings/About.

Are you able to connect to a mobile hotspot if available to you to see if TV is able to connect?

Also, are you seeing any networks at all (neighbors, yours, etc) but just able to connect to it?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Lhat

We’re having the exact same problem suddenly with our Roku not being able to stream Spectrum. Seems to me like Roku and Spectrum are having issues with each other!! So frustrating!!

0 Kudos
AustinW123
Reel Rookie

Hey Lhat,

I was able to successfully fix the issue for me! I had to do a hard reset of my router. I would call spectrum and ask them how to do this since some routers and modems can be a bit different. 

0 Kudos